- Get a toolkit (if you don't already have one).
- Read Chapters 1 and 2 in "Troubleshooting Analog Circuits" by Bob Pease.
- Discuss the autopsy/teardown candidates with your lab partner (see exhibits A through Z in the administrative handout).
- Review the some teardowns at iFixit and send me an email with a link to your favorite one, with a short explanation of why it's your favorite. Be sure to venture beyond the lists of "Recent" and "Popular". For some examples, see
- Watch the following video (a teardown of an Anritsu spectrum analyzer from Mike's Electric Stuff; see his YouTube channel for more videos).