- Get DipTrace installed on your laptop. See the Olin instructions here.
- Get the DipTrace Tutorial PDF file.
- Complete the schematic and layout tutorial, pages 1 through 79.
- Complete a second layout of the "Astable Flip Flop" using only surface-mount parts.
- Transistors: ON Semiconductor MMBT3904LT1G (SOT23 package)
- Capacitors: 33uF TDK Corp C3216X5R1C336M160AB (1206 package)
- LEDs: Lite-On LTST-C170GKT (0805 package)
- Resistors R2 and R3: 680 ohms (0805 package)
- Resistors R1 and R4: 34 kilohms (0805 package)
- 9V battery connector (use same through-hole connector)
After class on Monday, you may want to watch some of the (advanced) Video Guided Tour (should take less than 30 minutes). Make note of any jargon or concepts that you don't understand.
One additional project that we might get started, time permitting, is the layout of a simple microcontroller. This design is based on the Arduino Micro, and you can find the schematic on their website.